
It's been my sixth Father's Day without my Dad. He passed away in 2004. There are days when I miss him so much and just wish for one more conversation. He was a really smart and thoughtful man. He often took the weight of the world on his shoulders and I could see it on his face on those days. Most of the time though he just loved being with his grandchildren. It makes me sad that he didn't get to know my kids as well as some of the other grandchildren, but that's the down side to being the youngest. You may be spoiled, but you get less time--on so many levels.
Anyway....I didn't intend for this to be a bummer. I was reflecting on Father's Day that it was my first one that I didn't miss my Dad. I enjoyed the ones that are here with us. My husband, who is a fantastic father and gives so much to his children, and Andrew's father. We had a great day, being together and thankfully that is still what our children want to be. Together.
1 comment:
At the risk of sounding preachy... you have a great man looking out for all those around him....
Andrew and your family are a beautiful thing...
I'll always treasure sitting in church with him holding hands and then going to the pub for a drink x
You people are the best of the starstuff... my friends.
Post a Comment