I've got an endless to-do list that only seems to grow. I remember having better success with my to do list when the kids were tinier. How is it that I seemed busier and wearier then, but in hindsight I think I was more productive? I think there are more demands on my time that have crept into our lives, and perhaps it's time to reflect on what I can successfully contribute outside of my home and what isn't benefiting from my time and energy (or lack therof!)
The kids are playing outside quite nicely and I think they're enjoying a change of scenery. We're hoping to head to the Bembridge cottage tomorrow for some time with the Falcon Run crew. We don't see them nearly as much as we once did, so we have to grab our moments when we can. I anticipate a little more time together in the summer when the girls get to sail with Keigan and all of the kids swim on the swim team together.
We're saying goodbye to the Subaru soon. It has served us well over the last 9 years, but it has done its time. Andrew is posting it on kijiji to see if someone wants it for parts. Andrew's just happy to have his Porsche on the road and that the weather has allowed him to drive it so far, which makes all of our varied activities manageable. Come next winter we will likely try to juggle with one vehicle if we can...but with three active kids, it's hard to contemplate that one!
Must be off to do some birthday prep for Andrew. He's turning 41 on Thursday and I'd like to do a proper meal for him for a change. While I enjoy dining out, he prefers to stay in, but he still enjoys a gourmet meal...so I'm trying my hand at an Indian meal. Here's hoping it will be a good one for him.
Findlay posing for Meredith's camera
Olivia doing something she loves
Meredith being Meredith
Well, my to do list beckons as well...likely I will tackle it in the opposite order than I should...but how else will I finish a blind for my kitchen window than when I'm procrastinating from doing Church committee work, or the unfun administrative office tasks like taxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment