I'm not sure how those who don't have children feel about the weeks leading up to the back to school build-up, but I suspect they too have the urge to at least hit the Staples and buy a new notebook or pencils just to capitalize on that energy of renewed commitment to being organized! All of my teacher friends lament that their school isn't open until next week and they can't get in to get the classroom ready. I try to encourage them by pointing out that they get to make the most of the rest of their vacation. They agree with me, but I can see in their eyes, they are chomping at the bit to get back to it all. Preparedness. It is what keeps us sane I suppose.
I will miss the willy-nilly schedule of the summer though. The spontaneous barbeques and the drives that involve the 'slow' road seem to force us to enjoy the ride, and it has been a good ride this summer.
Some photos from summer:
I love the energy Meredith gives in everything that she does. This photo shows that well.
Hello PEI. A quick weekend in Cavendish made me remember how beautiful the Island is. I have spent so much time there in the winter that I forget all of the lushness and quaint charm that attracts so many there.
A reminder of a great day at the beach.
This photo was of a spontaneous stop after a lovely meal in North Rustico, PEI. The kids busied themselves building a dam in a little river and for a short moment it felt like time was standing still.
This week I have been at the rink a lot more than usual as Olivia and Meredith have been going to a ringette camp, and it is energizing to get back into it that environment. Even still, I am trying to squeeze every little bit out of these fabulous days of summer we have had.
Happy back to school, but maybe we'll sneak a visit in to the beach in September...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment